Connect with us

Cricket

T20 World Cup 2024: Namibia V Scotland – Preview, Expected Line-ups, Free Bets And Offers | Business Manchester

Published

on

The State of Play

Having survived a surprisingly close contest against Oman – winning after a Super Over – Namibia would likely accept less of a thriller in their second match as long as it means another victory.

Scotland’s performance against England, however, suggests another tight game could be in store.

Openers Michael Jones and George Munsey reached 90-0 in 10 overs, with England’s target adjusted to 109 from their allocated 10 overs as the weather took hold.

Check out our other sports stories here:
T20 World Cup: Papua New Guinea v Uganda
England frustrated by Barbados weather
Sergio Perez signs Red Bull extension

The eventual abandonment of the game denied Scotland the chance to complete a significant upset. “We certainly gave ourselves a chance there,” captain Richie Berrington said.

“Everyone’s frustrated, not being able to get a game in there. There are some positives to take, at least.

“The guys who went out to the middle did a really good job. Now looking ahead, they’ve had some time out there and we can take some things from that.”

18+ Gambling Can Be Addictive. Please Play Responsibly. BeGambleAware GamStop Gambling Commission

Scotland’s encouraging start will hold few fears for Namibia head coach Pierre de Bruyn, who led the Eagles to the Super 12 stage on their debut in 2021 and a shock win over Sri Lanka in 2022.

Veteran David Wiese starred with bat and ball against Oman, proving the hero in the Super Over, when he said he had been “in the zone”.

“Playing against some of the best players in the world and playing the best tournaments in the world has helped me learn and develop into how to play in certain situations,” Wiese said.

“Playing so many franchise tournaments, I’ve been in those situations before. It just helped that I’ve been around the block a little bit, I suppose.”

Expected line-ups

Namibia: Kotze (wk), Kruger, Frylinck, Erasmus (c), Wiese, Green (wk), Smit, Leicher, Trumpelmann, Scholtz, Lungameni

Scotland: Munsey, Jones, McMullen, Berrington (c), Cross (wk), Leask, Greaves, Watt, Sole, Wheal, Currie

How to watch

Sky have the rights to show the T20 World Cup to UK viewers in 2024 and will broadcast every game live. Coverage gets underway on Sky Sports Action at 19:30 BST and Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Cricket an hour later.

In India, the games can be streamed on Disney + Hotstar app and website. They are also available across the Star Sports Network.

Prediction

If they pick up where they left off against England, Scotland should secure a first win of the tournament against opponents who recently displaced them in 13th in the world rankings.

That could be contingent on not suffering the same fate as Oman’s openers did against Namibia. Ruben Trumpelmann took out all of their three top batsmen, including wickets with both of his first two balls.

Continue Reading